Skin renewal treatments from Aluma
Aluma skin renewal treatments at Karen Bowen Dermal Therapist turn back the clock to gently reverse the ageing process.
This revolutionary technique delivers energy safely and comfortably to the underlying layers of the skin, gently stimulating the production of collagen while protecting the epidermis (outer layer of the skin).
The new collagen that is formed plumps and smooths the complexion to create a more youthful appearance.
Benefits of Aluma
- Gentle and virtually pain-free, so it’s easily tolerated without anesthesia
- Inbuilt safety mechanisms ensure minimal risk
- No downtime (you can return to normal activities immediately)
- Treatment time is rapid, usually around 15 minutes
- Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced and the skin is tightened
- Improves aged and sun-damaged skin by stimulating new collagen growth within the dermis
- Skin tone, hair colour and other body characteristics do not have to be taken into consideration
Predictable and virtually pain-free, the Aluma skin renewal system — which is based on Functional Aspiration Controlled Electrothermal Stimulation (FACES) technology — is a revolutionary approach to the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines.
Mode of treatment
- Radio frequency (RF) technology, proven in clinical studies, improves skin texture
- Bipolar RF delivery precisely controls the volume of skin tissue heated
- Innovative FACES technology bypasses the epidermis
- Computerised treatment includes intuitive touchscreen interface with presets to facilitate treatment
- Vacuum-assisted bipolar hand-piece focuses RF energy precisely, for maximum safety and effect — heat conduction to the epidermis and non-target tissue is minimised
Unique ergonomic hand-piece
Aluma’s ergonomic hand-piece features a specially designed smart tip with an electronic safety mechanism and filter that prevent the coupling medium from entering the hand-piece.
Exclusive FACES technology
Aluma hand-piece uses a vacuum action to fold the skin, ensuring contact and positioning the dermis in direct alignment with the path of radio frequency. This vacuum-positioning, combined with the use of a topical conductive coupling medium, concentrates heat deep in the dermis, leading to collagen contraction and regeneration. The result is a predictable, effective treatment that is virtually painless.